ALG to Announce Winners of 2011 Residual Value Awards on Nov. 17th at LA Auto Show
Unveils White Paper on Importance of and Difference between Residual and Resale Values
What: ALG will announce the winners of its annual Residual Value Awards (RVAs) on the first Press Day of this month’s Los Angeles Auto Show – November 17, 2010. Now in their 12th year, the RVAs are bestowed on vehicles across 19 different segments and two brands that are predicted to retain the highest percentage of their original price after a three year period.
The company also has unveiled a white paper that details the importance and utility of residual values, and provides answers to frequently asked questions from OEMs and car buyers, including:
· What is a residual value and how is it related to the depreciation of a vehicle?
· How does residual value differ from resale value?
· How does ALG determine residual values?
· Where can interested buyers find the residual value for a vehicle?
· Are residual values important only when leasing but not purchasing a vehicle?
· How can consumers use residual values to comparison shop when they’re in the market for a vehicle?
· What determines whether leasing a vehicle is a better choice than buying?
When: – Residual Value Awards to be announced on Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2010
– White paper on residual values available online NOW on the ALG website
Where: LA Auto Show, Los Angeles Convention Center,
1201 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90015
– The white paper is available online by clicking here
Contact: Alex Baillargeon, RF|Binder Partners
About ALG (www.alg.com)
Based in Santa Barbara, California, Automotive Lease Guide (ALG) is a leading provider of data and consulting services to the automotive industry. ALG publishes the “Automotive Lease Guide” – the standard for Residual Value projections in North America, and has been forecasting automotive residual values for over 45 years in both the U.S. and Canadian markets. ALG is a company of DealerTrack Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: TRAK).