DealerMine Announces $1,000 Photo Contest Sweepstakes for Auto Dealership Personnel
Show Your Most Creative Ways to Get Rid of Obsolete Parts
PORTLAND, Ore. April 26, 2012 – DealerMine Corporation (www.dealermine.com), provider of the obsolescence management service for auto dealers, announces a $1,000 photo contest sweepstakes, starting May 1, 2012 and extending through July 31, 2012.
DealerMine is looking for photos capturing the funniest, most creative, non-conventional ways parts managers can come up with to repurpose their non-selling parts. As most parts professionals know, industry statistics suggest that if you haven’t sold a part within 6 months there is a 65 percent chance that the part will never sell; 9 months and it goes up to 85 percent; 12 months there’s a 95 percent chance the part will never sell *. The photo contest aims to have fun, while bringing light to the problem of idle stock and educating dealership personnel on ways they can recoup their investment and profit from their obsolete parts rather than repurposing them as paperweights or white elephant gifts.
Some traditional ways to reduce or eliminate obsolete parts include:
· Manufacturer return programs. Manufacturer return programs are one option, although these programs do not generally address the full problem and the policies change frequently. Some programs require a holding period of up to 12 months.
· Donate the parts. Some colleges with auto body repair classes will accept sheet metal parts. This is an option if you need a tax write off, but there is little to no cash value to pump back into new parts purchases.
· The city dump. Although not recommended, some dealers even choose to throw theirobsolescence into the trash. One consideration here would be to at least separate out anything that has scrap metal value.
· Obsolescence liquidation services. Perhaps one of the best options. Dealers have reported selling 30 to 70 percent of their idle stock at 50 cents on the dollar. DealerMine can generally get your parts sold within a week, creating re-investment capital for your department and your dealership.
While these are the practical options, DealerMine’s contest is calling for the funniest, most outrageous ideas parts managers have considered doing with their obsolete parts.
Here's how it works:
Everyone who sends a photo with the required information will be entered into the drawing for the Grand Prize of $500. Plus, from the photos sent in our judges will select five of their favorite photos, which will each win a $100 prize.
Here's how to enter:
1. Set up a scenario for getting rid of an auto part and take a digital photo. (Nothingillegal or actually dangerous, please.) You can enter more than one photo.
2. Submit your photo through the online entry form found here or by visiting http://www.dealermine.com/submitphoto.aspx. By sending us your original photo you are giving us permission to use it in our marketing and publicity along with your name and where you work.
3. We'll contact you if you're a winner and then announce it to everybody in our email newsletter.
Contest Rules: To qualify, complete entries (photo and required information) must be received by midnight July 31, 2012. Entrant must be older than 18 and a current employee of an automotive dealership. Photos must be original to the entrant. Any photos found to be copied from other sources will be disqualified. All images will become the property of DealerMine and may be used for marketing and publicity purposes. Information about winner, including his or her name and position at dealership will also be publicized. Sweepstakes winner will be selected by random drawing from all qualified entries. Winning photos will be selected at the sole discretion of the photo-judging panel. Winners will be responsible for all taxes on prize. DealerMine contractors, employees, their immediate family members are disqualified. If fewer than 50 entries are received, judges, attheir discretion, may suspend contest. Contest void where prohibited.
*Mike Nicholes, “Professional Inventory Management”
About DealerMine Corporation
DealerMine provides a web-based service to help dealerships reduce their investment in slow-moving idle parts inventory. Since 2006, DealerMine has helped dealers liquidate over 30 million dollars worth of obsolescence and manage parts inventory more efficiently and profitably. DealerMine serves over 2,000 customers today and continually strives to provide exceptional, consistent and superior products and services that help automotive dealerships create and maintain a sustainable profit center. www.dealermine.com.