Five Killer SEO Techniques
The world of SEO has evolved quite a bit over the years, and it’s changing even faster these days. Whether it’s Google and their animal named updates or other trends, it’s important to stay on top of everything that’s happening in the world of search engine optimization. To help, here are five killer SEO techniques that you can put to use right away.
- Concentrate on Quality—One of the biggest SEO techniques that’s working right now is …wait for it…quality over quantity. This has been talked about for years, but it’s really true as Google’s Penguin and Panda updates did damage across vast swathes of the internet.
- Optimize for Local Search—Another thing that’s really working right now is concentrating on local search optimization. This has a lot to do with off-site SEO, like Google Places and FourSquare, but it’s a technique that’s really paying off for a lot of different websites.
- Use Metadata—By setting up metadata correctly, Google can use rich snippets to grab the data and display it in the SERPs. This can go a long way in helping increase your CTR, something that will eventually help your overall ranking. There’s no guarantee that Google will use the data, but you should have it available. Also, make sure you don’t just fill it with bad information. That may work for a while, but it will eventually backfire on you!
- Get Natural Backlinks—Delete your SEO Nuke and other automated linking software and get to work acquiring natural high value links to your website. This is the only thing that’s really going to help you in the long run. Any linking scheme developed so far has been discovered by the search engines who quickly plugged the leak.
- Forget About SEO—This may sound like crazy talk, but if you stop and think about it, the technique makes sense. Instead of worrying about this SEO rule or that one, concentrate on one thing: the users. If you truly build your website to make your users happy, this will be rewarded over time.
If you can manage to put all five of the techniques listed above into use on your website, there’s a very good chance you’re going to see a quick, dramatic, and positive change when it comes to your search engine rankings.
Do you agree or disagree with any of the techniques outlined? If so, write a comment and share your opinion with the rest of us. When it comes to SEO, it’s always good to have as many opinions as possible before making a decision.
Sara Xiang likes to look for real estate for sale in lake Tahoe online whenever she has some extra time. She dreams of living there someday. Not today, but someday.