Manheim Sees Record-Level Digital Adoption in First Half
Product and technology enhancements instill confidence in digital purchases
Atlanta — July 18, 2018 — The Manheim Marketplace℠ achieved record growth across its digital channels in the first half of 2018, confirming increased client demand for digital buying and selling options. Manheim observed double-digit growth in digital transactions, volume and sales as wholesale vehicle buyers and sellers continue to adopt a faster, more cost-effective way to move inventory.
“Our clients are benefiting from the incredible audience of active buyers and engaged sellers in the Manheim Marketplace,” said Zach Hallowell, vice president, Manheim Digital Marketplace and RMS Automotive. “With significant upgrades to our digital auction technology, intelligent search functionality, Manheim Market Report valuations, OEM build data penetration, and condition reports, dealers have the peace of mind to feel confident in their digital purchases.”
During the first half, 45 percent of all vehicles were sold to a digital buyer on Manheim.com, OEM-specific Private Stores, OVE or Simulcast. Digital offsite dealer sales, transactions happening outside a physical auction location, experienced particularly strong growth, increasing 32.6 percent over 2017.
RMS Automotive achieved several all-time records in the first half with its Private Stores seeing unprecedented sales levels from BMW/MINI, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan/Infiniti, Porsche and Volvo. And, buyers originating through co-listing generated 40 percent of total Private Store open sales. The co-listing capability allows open sale vehicles listed on the RMS Automotive Private Stores to be simultaneously offered on Manheim.com and OVE.
OVE achieved a major milestone of 3 million transactions since the platform launched in 2013, in part due to record months in March, May and June with transactions up 15.8 percent over 2017.
Client-focused improvements in the digital space
Answering and anticipating client demand, Manheim completed several client-focused improvements to its digital channels during the first half:
- Insight Condition Reports: Manheim rolled out a new Insight Condition Report that features more manufacturer data, crisper photos and improved visuals.
- Manheim Express℠: Debuted at NADA 2018 and launching nationwide on July 25, the Manheim Express mobile application offers dealers a fast, easy and self-service way to list and sell inventory in the Manheim Marketplace.
- New OVE Search: Manheim launched the automotive industry’s first intelligent search for wholesale inventory on OVE, reducing search time and delivering more accurate and personalized search results.
- AI-Powered Optimization Solutions: Combining machine learning with Cox Automotive’s unmatched proprietary data assets, RMS Automotive created an AI-powered Optimization product suite – Pricing, Location and Reconditioning – that provides vehicle-specific recommendations that inform data-driven decisions to drive the highest portfolio value for commercial clients.
- Manheim Market Report (MMR) Enhancements: Manheim continues investing in MMR, the industry-leading wholesale valuation tool, made more accurate through the addition of OEM build data and leveraging machine learning and data science to adjust for other factors like condition and mileage variability.
“We are feeling bullish as we see an increase in cross-channel buying and selling, the cornerstone of the Manheim Marketplace,” said Derek Hansen, vice president, Offsite Solutions, Manheim. “The success we’ve seen so far this year fuels our desire to continue enhancing the digital experience and building trust with our buyers and sellers.”
Next up: Manheim Marketplace continues evolving
Over the next few months, Manheim Marketplace buyers and sellers will benefit from additional enhancements being implemented to improve their user experience.
- Enhanced Vehicle Detail Page (VDP) on OVE: The goal is to provide clients with the most relevant information at a glance. Insight Condition Reports information will be visible on OVE VDPs, making inventory sourcing easier and faster.
- Manheim Seller Dashboard:Sellers will have the necessary information to make more data-driven decisions across their entire vehicle portfolio, while providing clearer insight into what actions are required to maximize their returns.
- Personalized Vehicle Recommendations: To help buyers quickly find the right car, Manheim is leveraging deep data science capabilities and massive data set to provide highly relevant and personalized recommendations based on buyers’ previous activities.
About Manheim North America
Manheim® is North America’s leading provider of end-to-end wholesale solutions that help dealer and commercial clients increase profits in their used vehicle operations. Through its physical, mobile and digital sales network, Manheim offers services for inventory management, buying and selling, floor planning, logistics, assurance and reconditioning. With its omni-channel approach, Manheim Marketplace enables wholesale vehicle clients more efficient ways to connect and transact business how and when they want. Approximately 18,000 team members help Manheim offer 8 million used vehicles annually, facilitating transactions representing nearly $58 billion in value. Headquartered in Atlanta, Manheim North America is a Cox Automotive™ brand. For more information, visit http://press.manheim.com
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, RMS Automotive®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, 40,000 auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. coxautoinc.com