A Dealer’s Highest Performing Marketing Tactic
Dealers cited being able ‘to reach/sell to customers beyond their immediate market’ as a key advantage of the Internet, as well as the fact that it is ‘a more cost-efficient and targeted medium than traditional media like TV & radio.’
Major Increases in Internet Spend Over Last 5 Years
Ninety-three percent of dealers have increased their Internet marketing budgets in the last five years, according to the survey, with more than half (56%) boosting their Internet budgets by 50% or more; and a third (31%) by 100% or more.
Dealer Marketing Budgets to Increase – and Migrate Further Online – in 2010
Ninety-five percent of dealers are either increasing their 2010 marketing spend (56%) or holding firm on 2009 spend (39%). And the Internet will be the biggest beneficiary of these new investments: 69.5% plan to increase their Internet spend this year. Dealers’ traditional media spend (TV, radio, print) tells a different story: 30.5% plan decreases, 48.5% to hold firm, and only 21% plan increases.
Third-Party Lead Providers: First to the ‘Online Party,’ and Still Critical
Third-party leads continue to provide benefit to dealers for the following reasons, according to 93% of those surveyed:
· Having ‘control over what I spend/how many leads I’m guaranteed to get’
· ‘Because so many consumers use 3rd-party research websites I’m able to capture ready-to-buy car shoppers’
· ‘They’re cost-efficient and measurable’
· ‘They enable me to expand my reach across Web’
Nearly nine out of ten (87%) believe in using a ‘mix’ of leads from their own website and independent lead partners to ‘cover their online bases.’
More Info: For detailed survey findings, or to speak to an Autobytel representative, please contact: Jim Helberg, Autobytel Inc., 949-307-4357, [email protected] or Melanie Webber, mWEBB Communications, 949.307.1723, [email protected].
Latest posts by dealerma
- Language Tricks to Close the Sale - January 29, 2014
- Latest Contact At Once! Mobile App Release: Text & Chat on the Go with Full Business Control - January 23, 2014
- Dealer Video Marketing Profile—Bob Kirek - January 7, 2014