Detroit — March 20, 2018 — Singlethread, the industry-leading text messaging platform that helps dealerships generate more customer-pay per service visit, revealed today the results of a data analysis review to determine its financial impact on service department revenue.
Singlethread is a customer and internal communication platform designed specifically for auto dealers. The system allows service advisors to text customers and chat internally with service technicians and other co-workers from a single interface, accelerating the process and creating a more efficient team environment.
Singlethread reviewed all closed customer-pay Repair Orders (ROs) across all North American Singlethread dealers for the last four months, using the date of its most recent user interface redesign as the starting point to remove any influence from previous design. ROs that used text messaging were measured against ROs that did not text to demonstrate the composite effect that Singlethread provides.
- Using Singlethread to text customers improved the customer-pay per RO average 155%, an average of $405 vs. non-texting customer-pay ROs of $261.
- Customers who reported satisfaction with service visits via Singlethread improved customer-pay per RO average 182 percent, an average of $476 vs. non-texting customer-pay ROs.
- Customers who paid for their vehicle service via Singlethread from a mobile device improved the customer-pay per RO an average 292%, an average of $764 vs. non-texting customer pay ROs.
- The total SMS opt-out rate of 1.1% demonstrates the value of texting as a communication and selling tool for service departments.
“We’re pleased to report that Singlethread improves revenue opportunity substantially within the service department. Dealerships that use Singlethread to text, deliver mobile vehicle inspection results, and facilitate mobile payments are seeing great results,” said Will Mapes, co-founder, Singlethread.
Average customer pay values (e.g. $261 per non-texting RO) are unique to individual dealers due to a variety of factors such as vehicle brand, location, customer demographic, and services rendered and individual dealership results may vary.
For more information on Singlethread, or to schedule a demonstration during NADA, please visit www.singlethread.com.
Singlethread is a leading provider of web-based tools that help automotive service departments succeed in a rapidly changing mobile-focused world through improved communication and increased sales. Singlethread’s benefits apply to small and large dealerships as well as Dealer Service Providers (DSP). Please visit www.singlethread.com.
Latest posts by Press Release
- Binary Automotive to Present Expert Panel Debating Price vs. Value at Fall Digital Dealer Conference - October 10, 2018
- Roadster Launches New Desking Solution to Help Sales Managers Bring a New Level of Trust and Efficiency to the Car-Buying Process - October 10, 2018
- Toyota CH-R Launch Campaign Powered by Outsell AI-Driven Marketing Automation Platform Honored With Industry Awards - October 9, 2018