KPA expands compliance services for the automotive industry with three new online training classes in Spanish. Programas en línea de Seguridad Y Salud en el Trabajo – en español.
Lafayette, CO (PRWEB) May 16, 2011—While the regulations that require these trainings and outline the required contents haven’t changed for awhile, the fact is that enforcement is up, and regulators review records during their audits. This is to ensure that businesses communicate vital information to their employees in a way that the employees understand. Enforcement includes providing training in the speaker’s native language if that’s necessary to get the important points across. As part of an audit, regulators will generally interview affected employees to ensure this vital information has been communicated adequately.
The goal of KPA’s new training courses in Spanish is to help make the process of compliance easier on dealerships if they have Spanish speakers in their workforce, but do not have a way to train them. Like all of KPA’s online safety courses, content has been rigorously tested, with feedback from over 3,500 clients in automotive industry sectors including dealerships, equipment dealers, service stations, and original equipment manufacturers. Spanish speaking employees who successfully complete these online courses will be able to identify safety risks in the workplace and understand company policies.
New online Spanish courses address safety requirements in these areas:
· Hazard Communication / Entrenamiento de Comunicación de Riesgos. This online course is required for all employees who handle or are exposed to chemicals in their work areas.
· Emergency Response / Respuestas en Emergencias includes contingency plans for fire and/or explosion, and natural disaster response.
· Personal Protective Equipment / Equipo de Protección Personal gives an overview of when and where to wear protective gear, and is required annually.
“With increasing numbers of Spanish speaking employees and stepped-up enforcement activity, businesses need to have on-demand access to employee safety information and documentation. These programs provide the information employers and employees need when they need it most,” explains Eric Schmitz, KPA’s Vice President of Product and Business Development.
KPA helps businesses reduce losses, attain compliance with state and federal law; reduce the risk of accidents, fines, civil actions, and litigations while saving costs. Over 3,500 clients trust KPA to provide the right combination of training, software, and expert advice. Endorsed by 21 national and state trade associations, KPA is the only provider of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) and Human Resource (HR) services and software designed for the specific requirements of dealerships, manufacturers, and automotive services companies.
For more information please visit http://www.kpaonline.com, or contact Eric Schmitz directly at eschmitz(at)kpaonline(dot)com or 303-226-8766.
Latest posts by dealerma
- Language Tricks to Close the Sale - January 29, 2014
- Latest Contact At Once! Mobile App Release: Text & Chat on the Go with Full Business Control - January 23, 2014
- Dealer Video Marketing Profile—Bob Kirek - January 7, 2014