Orlando — September 27, 2018 — TagStation LLC, owner of the Dial Report® radio measurement platform, announced today at Radio Show key findings from its new brand study that show radio ads, on average, drive 22 percent traffic lift for retailers.
The study analyzed 1.5 million radio spot plays for 10 brands in the top 100 US markets, collecting listener data from April through June 2018. Utilizing the Dial Report’s proprietary radio attribution capabilities, researchers compared consumer actions of listeners exposed to radio campaigns against those not exposed to ultimately evaluate the impact of radio advertising on average retail store visits.
“We are excited to share these study findings that further confirm how important broadcast radio is to the entire retail industry,” said Paul Brenner, President of TagStation, LLC. “Dial Report’s unique attribution capabilities can help broadcasters better enable advertisers, to analyze specific consumer behaviors, like foot traffic, in order to identify trends and optimize campaigns.”
Key findings of the study include:
- Store traffic lift saw the following increases: Automotive: 32%, Beauty: 32%, Quick Service Restaurants: 23%, Home Improvement: 7%
- Retailers saw higher average store visits from listeners exposed to radio ads on Saturdays and Wednesdays compared to those not exposed
- Retailers saw higher average store visits from listeners exposed to radio ads on Top 40 and Adult Hits radio formats compared to listeners not exposed
“We’re delighted to partner with TagStation’s Dial Report team to once again demonstrate radio’s effectiveness to influence consumer decisions and purchase behavior,” said Erica Farber, President and CEO of the Radio Advertising Bureau (RAB). “Continued conclusive attribution and critical data provides broadcasters, advertisers and brands greater clarity on assessing ROI for radio campaigns.”
About Dial Report, powered by TagStation, LLC
TagStation, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Emmis Communications Corporation. TagStation’s cloud service provides radio station data to the NextRadio® App and the Dial Report portal. Developed by the industry for the industry, Dial Report is the only first-party attribution and listener intelligence platform measuring the performance of radio. Founded in 2013, TagStation, LLC is headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, with offices in Indianapolis and Chicago, IL. For more information about TagStation®, visit TagStation.com. For more information about the Dial Report, visit DialReport.com.
About Radio Advertising Bureau
The Radio Advertising Bureau serves more than 6,000 member Radio stations in the U.S. and over 1,000 member networks, representative firms, broadcast vendors, and international organizations. RAB leads and participates in educational, research, sales, and advocacy programs that promote and advance Radio as a primary advertising medium. Learn more at www.rab.com.
Liz Smith, 317-684-2977, [email protected]
Leah Kamon, 212-681-7219, [email protected]
Latest posts by Press Release
- Binary Automotive to Present Expert Panel Debating Price vs. Value at Fall Digital Dealer Conference - October 10, 2018
- Roadster Launches New Desking Solution to Help Sales Managers Bring a New Level of Trust and Efficiency to the Car-Buying Process - October 10, 2018
- Toyota CH-R Launch Campaign Powered by Outsell AI-Driven Marketing Automation Platform Honored With Industry Awards - October 9, 2018